Classes are available now!
You can join anytime and we'll pro-rate the month for you!
Whether on the mats or behind the desk, we are dedicated to offering the best possible service, from answering your questions and hearing your feedback, to offering your child or children the best value in Martial Arts training. We take great pride in being a welcoming, family centered establishment.
Looking for a Homeschool option? Click Here
If there is one thing Heiho Dojo has learned about kids, it's that they are not little for very long.
That's why our goal is to give every child an opportunity to try Martial Arts at a young age and give them an avenue of positive expression as they grow.
Heiho Dojo has several options for classes to place your child/children in. We work together with the parent(s) to successfully achieve a learning environment that is the most beneficial to your child/children. Some children respond best to One on One instruction, also called private lessons, while others seem to thrive in a group environment. There are even a few children that do both private and group classes!
Click below to contact us to book a FREE intro class!
The Young Masters Class Schedule is as follows:
Monday through Thursday:
Tots (3-5) 4:00-4:30pm
Ages 5-9 5:00-5:50pm
Ages 9-13 6:10-7:00pm
For Ages 3-9:
Monday & Wednesday the curriculum is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Tuesday & Thursday the curriculum is Modern Muay Thai
For Ages 9-13:
Monday: Brazilian Jiujitsu (No-Gi)
Tuesday: Muay Thai
Wednesday: Brazilian Jiujitsu (Gi)
Thursdays: MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)
**The reason the age groups are overlapping is that some kids are ready to move up and some are not. We make this decision with the parents based on a child's skill level, maturity, size, etc.
What Martial art is taught?
Our Young Master's program mainly consists of two distinct styles of Martial Arts:
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Modern Muay Thai.
With the kids 9+ also doing MMA
We do a split of Muay Thai Kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (Both Gi & No-Gi for ages 9+) during the week. We believe in a blend of both traditional and sports Martial Arts with the purpose of creating a well-rounded student proficient in multiple Martial Arts styles starting at 3 years of age and older!
Our Young Master's program encourages good behavior outside as well as inside the dojo (School). We will not rank up a bully. We want to promote behaviors like leadership, teamwork, persistence, and kindness.
If in one month, or 4-week training cycle, a student has shown up, learned the drills we taught them, and had a good attitude, he or she will have earned their next stripe or belt level.
Reasons We rank kids up:
- Participation: Kids are awarded points when they demonstrate a willingness to engage with other students, as well as an eagerness to learn new Martial Arts techniques.
- Good Attitude: Just being here is not enough! Having a great attitude sets the standard high.
- Team Work: Teamwork is a building block of a great leader: the ability to work with others to accomplish something bigger is what we are working towards.
- Leadership: Cultivating a student's leadership skills is one of the highest achievements we could hope for. Demonstrating good leadership qualities will not go unnoticed.
- Persistence: Perfectionism is not a virtue, persistence is! Being frustrated with yourself for not doing well does not leave any grace room for one to learn, and therefore persistence is the habit we want to foster.
- Awesome out-of-class behavior: Have an event or project that your child has participated in or excelled in outside of the Dojo? Please let us know! We want to let our students know that they are being ranked not solely by technique, but also by becoming a person of character.
Reasons We do not rank kids up:
- Not participating: Not doing the drills.
- Not Present: You can't rank up if you're not here!
- Poor attitude: Complaining and whining are not tools to improve yourself and they bring down the morale of the team.
- Negatively Aggressive: We respect each other and stand united against bullying together.
- Poor out-of-class Behaviour: Warriors are known by their attitude, what example are you setting?
Each Child starts out with a White belt. At the end of each month students are graded on Technique, Performance, attitude, and attendance we do not hand out free promotions everyone is expected to show up with the willingness to learn and of course to have fun so that every stripe and every promotion is earned.
The white belt has 5 stripes (4 white and 1 red) and then after that your child will move on to 4 main belts with each color having a higher middle and lower level. Grey, yellow, orange, and green each have 12 stripes (4 white, 4 Red, and 4 Black).
Once your child/children turn 16 years old they can qualify/test for their blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Blue Sash in our Muay Thai program then start into the adult program.